about 1 month ago
Role and Responsibilities
• Analysing the key business requirements around data across commercial shipping and potentially how this data is leveraged outside.
• Put an architecture vision for the onboard applications considering ease of use, application rationalisation, cost, technologies available onboard, network constraints etc.
• Work with the programme lead architect to set up a data governance framework.
• Define integration patterns for internal system which requires Shipping’s reference data.
• Own the application architecture for the Master data solution which includes all the 3 layers of the architecture – UI, Microservices and database
• Define the data model and how the data would be mastered. Essentially, the architect would have to look at different sources of data, how to ingress the data, cleanse and store the data in a future proof way. Define data access points and methodology.
• Work with the Project Manager on the release sequencing to transform the system with minimal risk and business impact.
• Work with the BA team and Product Owners to provide innovative technical solutions to business problems.
• Help the development team with queries and review the SQL statements and packages to ensure that the best practices are followed throughout.
Essential Experience /Job Requirements
• Experience working within the shipping industry.
• Worked in multiple digital transformation programmes as a technical solutions architect.
• Integration architecture and design patterns including but not limited to REST, API, Services, Event, Message etc.
• Expert Knowledge in AWS, OpenShift, SpringBoot, Redis, AMQ brokers
• Has got experience in implementing MDM like solutions. Should know how MDM works and what are the various stages.
• Have produced architectural artefacts including Architectural blueprint, Logical and Physical data architecture, HLD.
• Knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies, including SCRUM.
• Expert knowledge in data design and integration patterns.
• Worked in different RDBMS and No SQL databases including:
o SQL Server
• Hands on experience in data modelling, SQL queries.
• Have experience in shaping up data governance processes and organisation.
• Ability to present complex concepts to differing user bases.
• TOGAF certification
• Knows data science and ML concepts.