£90,000 to £100,000
2 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Oil & Gas Architect who has proven experience in setting supply chain strategy, building consensus, and coordinating architecture design with the Refining, Supply, Distribution and Retail businesses within a global downstream supply chain.
The successful candidate will responsible for participating in technical visioning and planning, performing highly technical analyses and studies to develop systems architecture including infrastructure, engineering, and security.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of business requirements into target supply chain architecture.
- Performs functional analysis, trade, benchmark and interface definition studies to formalize business requirements into future state architecture specifications.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with internal and external teams to clarify business, operational, or architecture requirements.
- Defines in written documents non-functional requirements (availability, interoperability, portability, manageability, scalability, maintainability, security, monitoring, SLAs, KPIs, regulatory and legal compliance) based on business vision, best practices, and enterprise architecture direction.
- Balances a variety of competing goals and balances long-term strategy and short-term goals.
- Provide insight on industry trends and current technological standards and best practices.
- Accountable for guiding and modelling the implementation of artefacts, deployment models, and applications in entirety-from interfaces, business logic, data, security, and network, and infrastructure.
- Maintains ongoing communication with delivery teams, verifying that what was designed was built and adjusting as appropriate throughout the project.
- Builds consensus across stakeholder groups including leadership and individual contributors.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, technology or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of Architecture experience in Oil Refining, Gas Transmission, Distribution, Terminals and Retail in the Petrochemical industries.
- Strong enterprise architecture skills with a demonstrated ability to capture the current state and define and implement a target architecture
- Prior experience in defining architectures that satisfy security, scalability, high availability, network management, and monitoring requirements.
- Architecture background in midstream or downstream operations and design is essential to be able to develop the future state architecture
- Solid knowledge and experience in the definition of Enterprise (business and technical) Architecture using best practice architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF. TOGAF certification, or related industry certification, is preferred
- Experience of working with operational technology architecture environments at O&G Refineries, supply network, terminals and Retail.
- Experience with architecture integration with ERP & ETRM.
- Broad understanding of a spectrum of infrastructure technologies including network, hardware and operating systems.
- Solid knowledge of Unified Modelling Language (UML) and Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).Strong leadership skills with an ability to foster alignment and lead in a matrixed environment
- Strong project management skills including stakeholder analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation
- Strong communication skills; ability to successfully communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems and to work in a team setting to solve problems